Cover Your Tracks
Here's how to turn on private browsing and/or clear your browser's history:
Internet ExplorerPrivate Browsing:
- Pull down Tools menu, select "InPrivate Browsing"
- Visit www.standingfirmswpa.org in the new "InPrivate Browsing" window.
- Pull down Tools menu, select "Delete Browsing History"
Mozilla FirefoxPrivate Browsing:
- Pull down Tools menu, select "Start Private Browsing"
- After you are finished looking at STANDING FIRM's website, pull down Tools menu and select "Stop Private Browsing"
- Pull down Tools menu, select "Clear Recent History"
Google ChromePrivate Browsing:
- Click "Ctrl + Shift + N" to open a "New Incognito Window" OR click on the wrench icon at the top right of the window and select "New Incognito Window"
- Click the wrench at the top right of the window
- Click History
- Click the box to the left of "STANDING FIRM" and click "Remove selected items" to only delete your history of visiting STANDING FIRM's website.
- OR click "Clear all browsing data" to delete your entire internet browsing history
- Pull down Members menu, select "Preferences."
- Click on WWW icon.
- Select "Advanced."
- Click "Purge Cache."
- Pull down Edit menu.
- In the menu that drops down, click on "Preferences."
- Click on Navigator and choose "Clear History."
- Click on Advanced then select "Cache."
- Click on "Clear Disk Cache."
If you believe that someone may be monitoring your Internet activity, try using a friend's computer, or one at the public library to avoid leaving a trail of visited Internet websites.
Special thanks to the Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh for the use of this information.